On Jan 25, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Theme Park Photo, LLC wrote:

> Also from reading the source, I don't see any mechanism by which it
> would pick up form.html from any other than the three directories
> enumerated there. Am I really supposed to edit and setup.py install
> the django framework to change the comments template?

The three directories in the template_search_list there are meant to
refer to directories in the templates folder of YOUR project, not the
django contrib comments installation. This definitely works under
normal circumstances, so something else must be going wrong. I don't
know how to get a list of template directories except by inducing an
error, say by temporarily misnaming the comments templates directory
within the django installation. Do you have django.contrib.comments
coming before your own app in INSTALLED_APPS, by any chance?