On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM, ltcstyle <ltcst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to allow user to create a Book object as well as its Author (if
> the author is not existed yet).
> How can I do it?
>
> AFAIK, inlineformset_factory seems a good start point.
> But as you see, the book and author object are both unknown in the form
> modeling stage.
>
> Any ideas?

Must be possible since this is essentially what you get when you click "Add"
in the admin for a model with inlines.  Nothing in the main form model nor
any of the inlines, and you can add both at the same time.  So...perhaps if
you provided some of the code you've tried for this and how it is not
working as you expect, someone could spot the problem.

Karen