ok... i'm trying to use exclude in the query set to get this to work.
I'm not entirely sure how my logic should go though...

especially since i would be comparing to lists that would result in <>
not being usable... since a user and a group won't contain the same
set of groups.

is it possible to do use a boolean? i realize list.index(x) returns an
error, not a -1 as in java... so how would i get about including a

forumgroup.index(User.groups) > -1

of course... that only works if there is one group assigned to the
user... i would have to check each group...

I'm sure this is a simple logic issue... but i can't seem to figure
out what i'd need to do