Why it worked before I tried to change settings.py? Why actually site works?
Maybe something is in my tests?

Btw, my code organized this way:

/proj
   urls.py
   settings
  ./app
      tests.py
      urls.py

As I changed the project name I also hacked the tests file so now it
contains following:
import os
import re

os.environ['PYTHNONPATH'] = '$PYTHONPATH:$PWD'
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'settings'  # Is this correct?

I presume that the second line is incorrect. Where it looks for the
settings?