Bartek pisze:

> so... looks like everytime I need 20 Post items my database is hit by
> query returning all records... I find it a big overhead, and my app
> suffers from that...
Today I'm still investigating this issue, and I've just tried to use
Paginator object as described at
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/pagination/#topics-pagination
with my Post model described ina my previous post. Funny thing is that
it's OK - sql for any page is:

SELECT "galgather_post"."id", "galgather_post"."group_id",
"galgather_post"."messageid", "galgather_post"."subject",
"galgather_post"."author_id", "galgather_post"."posting_date",
"galgather_post"."date_added" FROM "galgather_post" ORDER BY
"galgather_post"."posting_date" DESC LIMIT 10 OFFSET 10

triggered by:
posts=Post.objects.all()
p=Paginator(posts,10)
page2=p.page(2)
page2.object_list

So, any idea where's the clue?
Is it possible to use django-pagination with generic views without so
senseless overhead?

--
Bartek