I am new to django and am trying to walk through some of the examples
in a book.  I have a debian etch system, installed python 2.5 and
django 1.0.  I have created a project and created a simple html
request to show the current datetime.  the error that is being
displayed is showing that it is using python 2.4.  Why it is using
that directory and it is going to always use that directory??  Is ther
a way to change it so it will use the python2.5 and not the 2.4???

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
299, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/
modpython.py", line 163, in handler
    return ModPythonHandler()(req)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/core/handlers/
modpython.py", line 125, in __call__
    if settings.ENABLE_PSYCO:

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/conf/__init__.py",
line 27, in __getattr__
    self._import_settings()

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/conf/__init__.py",
line 54, in _import_settings
    self._target = Settings(settings_module)

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/django/conf/__init__.py",
line 82, in __init__
    raise EnvironmentError, "Could not import settings '%s' (Is it on
sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): %s" % (self.SETTINGS_MODULE,
e)

EnvironmentError: Could not import settings 'settings.py' (Is it on
sys.path? Does it have syntax errors?): No module named settings.py