In reference to
http://simonwillison.net/2008/May/1/orm/
and comments from here
http://thisweekindjango.com/screencasts/episode/11/django-ground-episode-3/

I am trying to make my implementation clean as possible... The idea is
to able to drill down querysets based on more and more preset
criteria...

so, using simon willson's method, i have a manager that points to a
custom queryset with methods that filter the current queryset for
things like published (i have a complex set of prereqs for something
to be published), based on what category its in, so on and so on...
just like im simon's thing

the problem is, what if i want to exclude published instead of filter?
then id have to create another one with filter...

so i got to thinking, these posts were made pre-QSRF merge i think? so
is the updated version of the chained manager work around storing Q
objects?

instead of

whatever.objects.all().published().catgegory('foo')

we would have

whatever.objects.filter(PUBLISHED, CATEGORY)

or something?

i am slightly unable to comprehend the best method for organizing
these kind of things... with my example i was just thinking of
constants with the Q object that would be imported... but that would
require too much importing to use it else where, and for the ones
where i need an input parameter it would be quite akward.

any thoughts?