Hello,

I am looking at the raw sql executed when I run a delete or update on
a QuerySet and it appears that it does a redundant "select *" for the
queryset before the actual delete/update. For example

delete_ids = (108, 107, 106)
qs = MyModel.objects.filter(pk__in=delete_ids)
print connection.queries   # shows no queries
qs.delete()
print connection.queries # shows two queries, a select followed by a
delete

Am I missing something or Is this supposed to work like this, and if
so why ?

George