On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Ben Gerdemann <gerd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is how, can I can get a reference to the 'a21_ano' field
> that this filter is referencing? If the filter didn't span through the
> foreign key, I could just do:
>
> T60Curso._meta.get_field("ex")
>
> but this doesn't work:
>
> T60Curso._meta.get_field("a21__a21_ano")

get_field() only works on the local model, so you're going to need to
split the string on '__', and walk the model definitions yourself.
When you find a ForeignKey, you can get the model on the other end,
which gives you another _meta object, which you can call get_field()
on, and so on.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)