On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Markos Gogoulos <mgogou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using django-registration to handle logins, registrations etc. It is
> very handy and easy to set up, but allows unlimited login attempts, and thus
> people can brute-force any django-application!
>
> So far I've been using fail2ban to ban users that brute force passwords. I
> would be interested to hear how you  handle this from within django! Are you
> aware of some patch/code or blog entry where I can find more information?

Simon Willison published an interesting blog on this exact topic just
after the successful dictionary attack on Twitter. He includes some
references to other approaches, as well as a fully worked example
based on using memcached.

http://simonwillison.net/2009/Jan/7/ratelimitcache/

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)