On the following example models (actual models, removed of cruft that
doesn't seem to apply) I'd like to add a "get_upcoming_events" method
to Band like the one on Venue, but because of the relationship I'm not
sure how to use the API/filter. (An Event has the same bands, at
possibly different occurrences, whereas each Occurrence happens at a
particular Venue - if the models/structure needed justifying).

[ code highlighted @ dpaste: http://dpaste.com/118817/ ]

class Event(models.Model):
    name    = models.CharField(max_length=50, unique=True)
    bands   = models.ManyToManyField(Band)

class EventOccurrence(models.Model):
    name    = models.CharField(max_length=50, blank=True)
    venue   = models.ForeignKey(Venue)
    event = models.ForeignKey(Event)
    start = models.DateField()
    end = models.DateField()

class Band(models.Model):
    admin_approved = models.BooleanField(default=False)
    name = models.CharField(max_length=50, unique=True)

    def get_upcoming_events(self):
        # How do I get Events, where the EventOccurrence.start is
filtered
        # the same as this method on the Venue model?
        pass

class Venue(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=50)

    def get_upcoming_events(self):