Hi!

I'm doing my 1st steps in Python/Django using Python Web Development
with Django book (http://withdjango.com/)

Chapter 2 is 'developing' simple blog app and here is the model:

From django.db import models
From django.contrib import admin

# Create your models here.

class BlogPost(models.Model):
    title = models.CharField(max_length=150)
    body = models.TextField()
    timestamp = models.DateTimeField()

    class Meta:
        ordering = ('-timestamp',)

class BlogPostAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    list_display = ('title', 'timestamp')

admin.site.register(BlogPost, BlogPostAdmin)

Now, at one point I was not clear where to add:

class Meta:
        ordering = ('-timestamp',)

in order to have descending order of 'blog posts' and was asking on
#django where I got the answer to put it as follows:

[..]
class BlogPostAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    list_display = ('title', 'timestamp')
    ordering = ('-timestamp',)

which did not work.

Finally, I managed to add 'class Meta' as subclass of BlogPost class (as
above), but I wonder if adding 'ordering = ('-timestamp',)' to
BlogPostAdmin class is supposed to work or what is explanation if it
should not work (as we experienced)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D