On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM, nivhab <yaniv.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the fast reply!
> This generates the following error:
> 'for' statements with five words should end in 'reversed'
>
> And as I have just found out, this error cannot be solved in 0.96
> version. So it seems there is no way of doing such and iteration in
> this version. Only 1.0 or DEV versions.
>
> On Feb 15, 9:57 pm, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM, nivhab <yaniv.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know of a way to traverse a list in templates in a dynamic
> > > way?
> > > Let's say I have the following list:
> > > {'message': [u'This field is required.'], 'sender': [u'Enter a valid e-
> > > mail address.']}
> >
> > > and I do not know in advance the keys for this list. I would like to
> > > iterate through it and display its content (keys and values) in a
> > > dynamic way in a template. Can it be done?
> >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > First of all that's not a list, it's a dictionary, but you can iterate
> over
> > a dictionary just as easily:
> >
> > {% for key, value in dictionary %}
> >     {{ key }}: {% for v in value %} {{ v }}{% endfor %}
> > {% endfor %}
> >
> > --
> > "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
> > say it." --Voltaire
> > "The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero

a) I made a typo in my original post for those who are on 1.0 that should be
{% for key, value in dictionary.iteritems %}
b) Yeah, this isnt' possible on .96, what you can do is iterate over the
keys {% for key in dictionary %} and then write a filter or tag to get the
item out of the dictionary by key.

Alex