Thanks for the prompt response Alex.

> You really want to be storing the translations at the DB level to that
> effect check out:http://code.google.com/p/django-multilingual/
> orhttp://code.google.com/p/transdb/

I've checked these out before, however don't see how they solve my
problem. They seem to only operate on entire fields of a model, which
is not what I want. I could use django-cms' own translation framework
if I was happy to translate an entire field at once. Unless I'm
missing something in the somewhat minimal documentation?