The javascript makes a call to this view on submitting the form that
uploads the image.

def uploadimage(request):
        try:
                upload_full_path = settings.CONTENT_IMAGES

                upload = request.FILES['image']
                dest = open(os.path.join(upload_full_path,
upload.name), 'wb+')

                for chunk in upload.chunks():
                        dest.write(chunk)

                dest.close()

                result='{status:"UPLOADED",image_url:"%s%s"}' %
(settings.CONTENT_IMAGES_URL, upload.name)

                return_data = HttpResponse(result,mimetype='Content-
Type: text/
html')

        except Exception, e:
                return_data = HttpResponse("Error in uploading image")

        return_data.flush()

        return return_data

In Firefox/Mac it uploads the file and returns
"{status:"UPLOADED",image_url:"/site_media/content/
dalston_cranes.JPG"}" to javascript which tells javascript all went
well.  In IE/Safari the file is uploaded successfully but the above
text is downloaded as a file called something like 2s6OP6WO(2).part so
control doesn't return to the javascript.  Have applied a similar
program in PHP and it works fine. Tried different mime types and tried
to trace what is going on but without progress.

Phoebe