I am a developer with a deadline -- not even a perfectionist,
I just want it to work! ;)

I am running Django 1.0.2-final on Ubuntu gutsy with Python 2.5.
I am also using
   * django-registration 0.7
   * django-profiles 0.2

Everything works fine with django's runserver.

In the wsgi environment, the index view for one of my project
apps works, and the 'accounts/registration' url works but
is not finding its stylesheet, so apparently the media alias
I've set is not working properly.  Also the /admin/ url gives
an internal error, which in apache's errlog shows a traceback
that ends in "OperationalError: no such table: django_session".

I have used sqlite3's .schema command to look at the db, and that
table is definitely there, and as I say it works fine in the
runserver environment.

I have set up wsgi according to the instructions in
<http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango>

My wsgi app script is (s/my-app-name/FOO/):

import os, sys
sys.path.append('/var/www-wsgi')
sys.path.append('/var/www-wsgi/FOO')
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'FOO.settings'

import django.core.handlers.wsgi

application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

My Apache config's wsgi section is (similarly laundered):

# django wsgi app FOO
     WSGIDaemonProcess mysite.com user=skred group=www-data threads=25
     WSGIProcessGroup mysite.com
     Alias /media/ /var/www-wsgi/FOO/media/
     <Directory /var/www-wsgi/FOO/media>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
     WSGIScriptAlias /foo /var/www-wsgi/FOO/apache/django_wsgi.py
     <Directory /var/www-wsgi/FOO/apache>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

In my app's settings (/var/www-wsgi/FOO/settings.py) I have:

     ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

(I also have MEDIA_ROOT set -- is it necessary to have both??)

     MEDIA_ROOT = '/var/www-wsgi/FOO/media'

but I would have assumed this was ignored in the wsgi environment
because of the instruction to use an ALIAS.

Also:

     TEMPLATE_DIRS = (('/var/www-wsgi/FOO/templates'),)

Any ideas?  I'm tearing out hair that I can ill afford to lose!

Thanks!
Steve