I'm totally new to Django and authorized/secure web apps, and really
loving it for this. But I've got a few really novice questions. I've
got a model with a FileField, to which users can upload an arbitrary
file. In the model docs for the FileField it says, "Validate all
uploaded files." And I'm not sure where to do this or how. Is this
through the save_model method of the ModelAdmin class? If so, what is
the basic format, because not executing obj.save() didn't seem to do
the trick.

Also, as mentioned in the docs, I don't want to allow a user to upload
a PHP script or similar, and execute it by visiting the link, but I
would like users to be able to place any of various file types on the
server so that other users can download them. Is it enough to just
exclude files with certain extensions (e.g., PHP, CGI, etc.), and if
so, is there a list of all the "dangerous" file extensions somewhere?

Thanks for your help in advance!