On Feb 20, 2:08 pm, Brandon Taylor <btaylordes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Here's her's the quick model I wrote to try to select *something*:
>
> class TestCategory(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=255)
>     class Meta:
>         db_table = 'ACTIVITY_CODE.CATEGORIES'

Don't include the schema name in the db_table setting.  Django expects
just a table name, and it will quote that and look for a table named
"ACTIVITY_CODE.CATEGORIES", which doesn't exist since the table's name
is just "CATEGORIES".  If the table resides in a different schema, the
best approach is to create a private synonym for the table and point
Django to the synonym (as I think Matt already mentioned).

On Feb 20, 2:15 pm, Brandon Taylor <btaylordes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, now I am absolutely confounded...
>
> I ran: manage.py inspectdb > models.py
>
> Then I tried to get objects from the models THAT IT CREATED FOR ME -
> same friggin' error!
>
> What in the world is up with this thing? I'm at a loss.

Could you please post the contents of the models.py that it created?
Otherwise, I have no idea what's going on here.

Ian