thanks for the answer, it works and you are right: the
render_to_response line contains a typo.
Is there also another way to collect the number, so it isn't shown to
the user?  I was trying to use a QueryDict, something like :

nb = request.GET.__getitem__('number')

but number is a string and not a key. So I don't know if it is
possible with a QueryDict.