Hi guys.

I have a question regarding the article about authenticating against
django's user database from Apache (http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/
dev/howto/apache-auth/#howto-apache-auth).

In my project i'm using traditional cookie based authentication model.
And i need to restrict user access to some scripts, styles and images
in my media root. It's because i'm loading javascript modules
dynamically and some files should be accessible only for particular
groups of users.

So, is it possible to write own python auth handler, that uses cookie
information to determine is user authenticated or not instead showing
standard Apache prompt window with login and password fields (like it
occurs if i'm using django.contrib.auth.handlers.modpython to handle
access to that files).