Hi all,

I am brand new to Django, so forgive me if my questions are naive :-)

I have read the tutorials and I'm starting my first learning
application.  This is a small time-tracking application.  As you can
imagine, the majority of the application is basic CRUD data entry.  The
other significant part is that I want to automatically create reports on
a regular basis and email them.  I have two questions:

* The Admin application is great for my CRUD functionality; Django does
a really fine job of creating this interface automatically.
Unfortunately, using the Admin app. for data entry does not provide a
seamless experience; the URLs are different, the look and feel is
different, and the Admin is much more polished than my hand-crafted
pages :-).  Do people use the Admin for regular users, or do they
duplicate all that CRUD in their own pages?  Is there a way to make the
Application/Admin more seamless?

* Is there a standard model for running automated tasks?  I was thinking
about a cron task that uses lynx or curl to call a URL that performs the
task, but that gets kind of ugly.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Paul