Joe Goldthwaite wrote:
> My main development is done in a Windows virtual machine
> running on a Macbook Pro. Today I wanted to test the output with Safari.
[snip]
> It looks like it's working but when I enter the address in the browser I get
> a connection timeout error. The server never gets the request. I'm not
> running any firewall.

This is quite likely a problem with the network between your virtual
machine and the physical machine. With virtualization, you have multiple
ways of setting up the network between the VM and the hardware host and
not setting up a network is even an option with some virtualization
schemes so you must ensure that OS X and the Windows VM can see one
another on the network first.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay