On Mar 5, 2:29 pm, "robertmalik...@googlemail.com"
<robertmalik...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Edit settings.py and;
> DATABASE_NAME = '(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=db_hostname)
> (Port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=db_sid)))'
>
> Replace the db_sid with your database sid and db_hostname the database
> hostname or IP.

You really don't need to write out the entire connection string like
that (although there's nothing wrong with it).  The backend will
generate exactly the same connection string if you supply:

DATABASE_NAME = db_sid
DATABASE_HOST = db_hostname
DATABASE_PORT = '1521'

The important thing to note is that the DATABASE_NAME must be the SID
in this case rather than the TNS name, which I suspect was the problem
in the OP.

Regards,
Ian