On Mar 7, 7:59 pm, timlash <timl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see.  Thanks.
>
> I've been using render_to_response() without difficulties.  Under what
> conditions should I use reverse() vs. render_to_response()?  Can they
> be used interchangeably?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Tim

Eh? They do completely different jobs.

render_to_response, as the name implies, renders a template then
returns an HttpResponse, which you can return as the output of your
view.

reverse does a very specific job - it looks up a view name against
your URLconf and returns the URL that calls that view. You can use
that URL as the destination for a redirect, send it to your template,
or anything else you like.

--
DR.