On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 01:05 -0700, Steve Chervitz Trutane wrote:
[...]
> My error goes away when using the official Django release (1.0.2)
> rather than the current trunk (r10032).
>
> As for the backend, I have not altered the settings.py that django-
> admin.py startproject created, so my DATABASE_ENGINE is not defined
> when I get the error I reported above.

Ah, the "dummy" backend -- now I read more closely, I can see it
mentioned in the traceback. Okay, so that's another overlooked case, but
nobody really uses dummy anyway, so it's pretty harmless. I'll fix it,
though.

[...]
>     raise ImproperlyConfigured("Error loading MySQLdb module: %s" % e)
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading MySQLdb
> module: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required
> by /home/teamhuma/.python-eggs/MySQL_python-1.2.3b1-py2.6-linux-
> i686.egg-tmp/_mysql.so)

That's an entirely unrelated problem, though (once again "easy_install"
screws somebody over. As Jacob mentions frequently, given the name of
that script, there are only two things it has to do well and it so often
fails to satisfy either advertised claim).

Given you've claimed to be a "noob" in the title, perhaps you should
stick to released versions for a bit (e.g. prefer your distro-supplied
MySQLdb package). There are going to be enough ways to raise errors
without trying to add complications. :-)

Regards,
Malcolm