Peter,

I don't disagree with you. However, based on Glen's security report
( I suspect they are using Nessus/Retina to produce the scan result
i.e. CVE - Common vulnerabilities and exposure ),his question was:

Does anyone know where to find such "stamp of approval" or "denial"
from HIPAA's point of view? I can find no specific links to Django
from hippa.org. Which governmental agency site should I be searching
for with regard to Open Source and security?

Response: No. Because Django is an "Open Source" Web Framework. You
can certainly write a wrapper to secure the transaction such as
implementing SSL in addition to encrypting the transactions during and
at rest using FIPS-140 or AES. Or you can simply hire Security
Engineers/Consultants. Either way there is no way around it because
this is an Compliance issue which is federally mandated.