I was just facing this 'requirement' a couple of days ago. I needed an
Integer field that stores up to a hundred billion. Django's
IntegerField get mapped as 32 bit field in PostgreSql, and just can
represent integer over 2++ billion. (It worked on my development
environment using sqlite though).

My solution is just to ALTER table manually after syncdb. I believe
you can easily automated that using signal on post-syncdb.