Hi.

It sounds like you have run into the auto escape filter. It basically
converts html tags into something viewable but not html. This is
a protective matter, to protect your site from cross site scripting
attacks, that can take down your site and worse. If you want to
display some html from your db that you know are "safe", you can
use the |safe tag to tell django not to escape it. Read about it at
the
docs.

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/templates/#id2

~Jakob