Hello

i have some question on hardware req. for a new project we are going
to deploy soon.
First some facts on the expected traffic.

- 200k to 500k Users in complete
- 2k to 5k concurrent users on the page
- every page consists of something about 10 to 20 database accesses
- applications include only textual data like forums, messages and
other custom designed functions. No flash/video and such stuff :)
- max db-data per user will be somthing about 1 megabyte

My question would be how to set up the right deployment enviroment in
hardware terms.

I thought about having:

1 DB server
  - 1 x Intel® Xeon(TM) X5482 Processor 3.2GHz
  - 8 GB Ram

1 Web(App) serevr
  - 1 or 2 x Intel® Xeon(TM) X5482 Processor 3.2GHz
  - 16 GB Ram

(probably) 1 memcached serevr
  - Intel® Xeon(TM) E5430 Processor 2.66GHz
  - 32 GB Ram

1 utility server (for doing stuff like sending mails (using django-
mailer) and backups)

This is what will run on the servers:
- Ubuntu Server
- python 2.5.2
- django 1.0.2
- postgres 8.3
(- memcached 1.2.6)

This is my first project in django so i don't have any expirience in
deploying. Thats why i'd like to
optain your opinion if my thoughts are realizable.

Oh and one more question:
Is there something special to care about when running django (python)
on a multiprocessor machine?

Any advices or references are very welcome.

Many thanks

PS: django rules. I started some month before and begining to realy
love it :)