Hi,

my guess: You need to redirect after POST.

if you give request.POST to the Form, it will overwrite the values
from the model with the values from request.POST. If you do a redirect
after POST, the value from the model will be displayed, since POST
is empty after the redirect.

BTW, I often do it like this:

def view(request):
    if request.POST:
        data=request.POST
    else:
        data=None
    form=MyForm(data)

Why do you access 'build_release' in POST? It would be better
the create a Field for it and access form.cleaned_data['build_release']

 HTH,
   Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/