I have an app with three different kinds of users (staff, students and
professors) and each of these have a unique profile model. I was recommended to
use a proxy class to override get_profile() so that it will return the correct
profile depending on the user's group and this seems to work.

My problem now is with the admin interface. My ideal solution is to have the
profile as an inline of the user, but show the correct inline model depending
on the user's group. The only way I can think of doing this is using the
get_urls() to create my own view but I think with this solution I would have to
re-create a lot of things that already exist.

Anyone have a better idea on how I can accomplish this? or at least how to do
my idea re-using as much as possible from what already exists?

Thanks!