On Mar 25, 6:27 pm, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Adam Yee <adamj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, I now pass the bound form, but still no validation error messages
> > show up.  More importantly, is_valid is still returning false even
> > when I try logging in as a super user.  I also removed checking for
> > is_active since the AuthenticationForm's clean should take care of
> > that and raise the correct validation error if the user isn't active.
> > Now with the error() func removed:
>
> How are you rendering the form in the template?  If is_valid returns false
> then there should be errors noted in the errors dictionary, if you are not
> seeing these it sounds like youare rendering the form in some way that
> bypasses outputting the form errors.  Fixing that would be a step towards
> figuring out what is causing the problem, since you'd know specifically what
> is wrong instead of trying to guess what might be going wrong.
>
> Karen

<form method="POST" action="{{ script_name }}/stl_login/">
{{ form.as_p }}
<input type="submit" value="Login" />
</form>

Guessing is sometimes all one can do after analyzing to their limit.
Or they can be lazy without any personal effort and post to a group
like this one (which I don't recommend).  I spent as much time allowed
figuring out what I could, then came to you.  I strive to lessen the
amount of guessing I do and develop the skills needed to figure out
problems...but that takes time.

I've been reading up on validating since I feel the problem lies in
the is_valid part.  Again, I understand this is a guess, I just need
to direction in figuring out the problem.  I'm not merely looking for
the quick and easy solution.

What I do know is that rendering a template is a separate action from
validating.  Validation should take place before rendering.  If I
can't validate properly, it won't show in the template properly,
right?  Thanks Karen.