Changing request.user.id doesn't make sense--that would be trying to
change the id of the user object itself.  I think what you're trying
to do is change the user that is actually logged in... right?  If
that's true, then you need to set request.user *not* request.user.id--
but that seems like a very bad idea, and it won't (I think) change it
in the session.  What are you trying to accomplish?

-Jeff