On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 21:22 -0300, Marcello Parra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started to play with Django some weeks ago. I'm very impressed with
> it and making some tests with an application I have already running...
>
> The problem is that I need to connect to two databases using two
> different engines (MS SQL Server and Mysql).
> I found a doc about using 2 databases here:
> http://www.eflorenzano.com/blog/tag/multiple-databases/
> But I'm not sure I could access with 2 engines...
>
> Is it possible ?

The short answer is that, right now, Django doesn't support multiple
databases out of the box. There are a few hacks around to enable it and
providing something correct and supported is a plan for the near future
(it's likely to be a summer of code project this year). However, this is
one of those cases that if you have to ask the question, the hacks
probably aren't suitable. Particularly, using different engine (and a
server requiring a completely different Query class, such as MS SQL) is
*hard* and working around the rough edges is a bit specific to the
particular use-cases.

Regards,
Malcolm