On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Jacolyte <brlafreni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right after logging into the admin interface, I receive the following
> traceback:
>
> http://dpaste.com/25126/

So, it's running into trouble on:

{% get_admin_log 10 as admin_log for_user user %}

and the extent of the exception information seems to be:

Exception Type: TemplateSyntaxError at /admin/
Exception Value: Caught an exception while rendering: user

which isn't very helpful but gives a clue that perhaps something has gone
wrong with the setting of the 'user' variable in the context used for this
template.  'user' would ordinarily be set by the auth context processor, I
believe.

> I've only changed two major things with the project:
> 1) I've added support for markup, which is working beautifully
> 2) I've added a context processor, which simply gives me access to my
> settings.MEDIA_URL. This is also working beautifully

I suspect something's gone wrong with your context processor settings, or
their operation.

It's unclear to me from what you wrote if you wrote your own context
processor to get MEDIA_URL or are simply using the provided one that does
this:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/api/#django-core-context-processors-media

If the former, I'd switch to the latter.  If you're already using the
built-in one, I'd still try removing it and seeing if that fixes the issue.
If it does, then you can look more closely at how they're being configured
-- these two certainly don't usually interfere with each other.

Karen