From: Mic Pringle <micprin...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/4/7
Subject: Embedded Django ...
To: django-users@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am currently developing a database creation and manipulation tool
for the Mac (similar to Filemaker, Bento, ModelBaker etc) and I'm
looking at embedding Django and using the admin interface for data
input and retrieval. The only concern I have is that I don't require
users, groups, permissions or sessions, and as I understand it, all
this is baked into the admin application, non-optional.

So my question is, how easy/difficult would it be to strip out all of
the above from the admin application ? Would you start by copying the
admin folder from contrib into your own application and just start
ripping this stuff out, line by line, or is there perhaps an easier
way ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Mic