I am trying to add an integer 'priority' field to one of my models

I added the field like this in models.py:

class Task(models.Model):
    PRIORITY_CHOICES = (
        (1, _('1 (Critical)')),
        (2, _('2 (High)')),
        (3, _('3 (Normal)')),
        (4, _('4 (Low)')),
        (5, _('5 (Very Low)')),
    )

    priority = models.IntegerField(choices=PRIORITY_CHOICES,
default=3, blank=3,
                                   help_text=_('1 = Highest Priority,
5 = Low Priority'),)

Then I modified the .db file (sqlite3) like this:

> ALTER TABLE chipvision_task ADD COLUMN priority integer;

But when I run syncdb (using a fixture generated off the the original
db) I get an error:

  File "/tools/aticad/1.0/external/python-2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/django/utils/simplejson/decoder.py", line 208, in JSONObject
    raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end - 1))
ValueError: Expecting property name: line 2178 column 3 (char 41357)

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I also tried adding the priority
field to my .json fixture, but still get this error.

Margie