I've copied the Traceback below.

>>> from django.db import connection
>>> cursor = connection.cursor()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py",
line 56, in cursor
    cursor = self._cursor(settings)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends
\postgresql_psycopg2\base.py", line 84, in _
cursor
    self.connection = Database.connect(conn_string, **self.options)
OperationalError: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I have also tried entering a password (same one I use to logon to the
network) in settings.py, but when I do that I get this:

>>> from django.db import connection
>>> cursor = connection.cursor()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends\__init__.py",
line 56, in cursor
    cursor = self._cursor(settings)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\db\backends
\postgresql_psycopg2\base.py", line 84, in _
cursor
    self.connection = Database.connect(conn_string, **self.options)
OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"simmsx"