On Apr 8, 2:31 pm, Rit <rit....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on url pattern helper app; design to eliminate the need to
> edit the "urls.py" file more only once. I need inputs and pointers on
> what is best to approach this.
>
> here is the detail:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/django-durl/

This is an interesting idea, but before you get too far into it, take
a look at how the admin does urls in the latest build of django 1.1.
You have the ability to pass objects into an include statement, which
will make your life that much easier.

You can then have in urls include(durl.urls), which would be similar
to the way the admin.site does it's urls:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/admin/sites.py#L187

All you would need then is a method to register views to the durl
module and then make sure the the views get imported before the
urlpattern is matched. Should be pretty fun. Good luck!

Michael