After extensive searching, I'm still unable to find a way to reference
individual items in a list without using a for loop.

For example, I have this basic code in my views.py:

    project_list = Project.objects.all().order_by('-id')[:6]

    t = loader.get_template('portfolio/index.php')
    c = Context({
        'project_list' : project_list,
    })

Now, in my template file I want to be able reference the six
different elements in the list directly, without having to loop
through them. How can I do this?

I've tried project_list[1] but that just errors out.

Thanks,
Walt

-~