We're building an intranet and a public site that share a lot of data
but without shared views. Therefore we're building them as two
distinct Django projects connecting to a single shared database, with
shared apps. To reduce confusion, the contrib.admin is only enabled on
the intranet side, not on the public side (one database, one admin
site seemed to make sense).

All is going well, but we just hit a puzzle:  After installing django-
filebrowser and integrating it into some admin views and flat pages,
we found that it (of course) only uploads media into media/uploads  on
the intranet side. If you create a flat page with uploaded media and
view it on the public site, images are broken because their URLs are /
media/uploads.... The path is technically correct, but points to the
file tree on the intranet side. There doesn't seem to be a way to tell
filebrowser which filesystem to upload into. Selecting a "Site" in the
flatpage editor doesn't communicate that info to filebrowser, of
course.

At this point I'm thinking the only way to resolve this is going to be
to have two /admin sites after all, rather than one. Or is there
another/better way to solve this?

Thanks,
Scot