Go to http://gmane.org and read using their web UI. There are different
ways to read/write, and I use NNTP. You can find more information on
that here: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.django.user In general
you just tell your NNTP reader (I use Thunderbird) to get news from
news.gmane.org uysing NNTP, and after that you can subscribe to whatever
interests you through the UI of your reader.

Hint: if some groups are not available on gmane (e.g., a mailing list of
your favorite project), you can ask for it. So far I saw nothing but the
desire to help from the maintainer.

Eugene Lazutkin
http://lazutkin.com/