Thanks

> Can you show code of your tag and template where it used?

Well, sure, but the tag is quite a big one, 150 lines long due to the
large array and string concatenation going on. So I've shown here only
what I assume to be the critical bits.

(btw. the tag discussed here was the solution to this issue
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/ae40745aca946cf8/7b536034daa92e2b?lnk=gst&q=tonne#7b536034daa92e2b)

tag

cal = { 2007:

{
                                1:  [ [1], [2], #etcetera....... a fairly big
multidimensional
array

def update_cal_links(year, month, day):
        """updates 'cal' array with a link to entry"""
        link = "/%d/%d/%d/" %(year, month, day)
        cal[year][month][day-1].insert(1,link)
        return

def print_cal():
        """ Returns a string, compiling calender into a series of nested
unordered lists"""
        #I've removed the body of this function cos it's long, ugly
and it does seem to work fine

@register.simple_tag
def do_home_calendar():
        """ Populates calendar with links to entries,
                returns a formatted calendar to the template."""
        entries = Entry.objects.all()
        for date in entries:
                link = date.splitDate() #model method
                update_cal_links(int(link['year']), int(link['month']), int(link
['day'])) # function expects integers
        home_calendar = print_cal()
        return home_calendar

template