On Tuesday 21 April 2009 05:07:06 am Anatoliy wrote:
> Try to remove id field from model description. Django handles it
> automatically.
>
> On Apr 21, 3:48 pm, Vicky <vicky87....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a table with an 'id' field (Primary Key). When I insert the
> > data using admin interface it is asking me for the value of the
> > primary key field. But I want it to be filled automatically. Is there
> > a way to do it?

you can also have

id = AutoField(primary_key=True) or id = IntegerField(primary_key=True)

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/instances/#auto-incrementing-primary-keys

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/fields/#primary-key

Mike

--
This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.