Hi John

On Apr 24, 12:25 pm, John Crawford <cycl...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > Django doesn't ship anything for XML serialization or deserialization,
> > but Python does.
>
> Actually, Django does provide that capability, at least in 1.0/1.1:
>
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/serialization/#topics-ser...
>
> Supported formats include XML, JSON (via simplejson), Python, and
> YAML... I don't use the XML side of it, but the JSON works quite
> nicely for me, with the jQuery Javascript library on my client-side to
> transfer/decode the data.

Just for clarification, what I took from the original poster's
situation was that they were using a custom XML Schema. Django
supports its own ad-hoc XML dialect, and while it's possible to write
custom serializer and deserializers, for output it's easier to use
templates (that's an opinion). And Django doesn't support XML
validation against a schema, for that a separate package (hint:
minixsv [1] is a good way to start) would be needed.

--Rick

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/minixsv