Hi guys,
I'm working on the tutorial in www.djangobook.com and I reached the
point where I'm making a search form, here is what my view methods
look like:

def search_form(request):
    return render_to_response('search_form.html')

def search(request):
    error = False
    if 'q' in request.GET and request.GET['q']:
        q = request.GET['q']
        if not q:
            error = True
        else:
            books = Book.objects.filter(title__icontains=q)
            return render_to_response('search_results.html',
{'books':books, 'query':q})
    return render_to_response('search_form.html', {'error':error})

the search_form template looks like:

      <form action="/search" method="get">

           {% if error %}
           {% endif %}
           Enter the name of the book you're looking for:
           <input type="text" name="q">
           <input type="submit" value="Search">
      </form>

now, i am supposed to get the error message "Please submit a search
term" if i submit an empty request. but that is not happening, instead
i'm getting the ordinary search_form without the error message.
anybody can give me a hint why?

thanks in advance,
cheers,
Lina