On 5/4/2009 6:36 PM, nbv4 wrote:

> On May 4, 12:03 am, George Song <geo...@damacy.net> wrote:

>>> Gee whiz thanks a lot.
>>> I've got one more problem. How do I access the information from within
>>> that intermediate class?
>>> I can do:
>>> ----------
>>> r = Route.objects.get(pk=1)
>>> r.bases.all()
>>> --------
>>> and r will be a list of all bases. From within that Route object (r),
>>> is there anyway to get access to the RouteBase attributes? Something
>>> like r.sequence?
>> The intermediate class is no different than any other many-to-one
>> related classes:
>> <http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/queries/#related-objects>
>>

> It's not possible to get those attributes unless I make another query?
> Basically I have one object that has a TON of related fields, some
> ForeignKey, some ManyToMany. Is it possible to pass just one instance
> of that one object to a Template and have access to the whole shebang
> through that one object? The link you gave me suggests that, but it
> just doesn't seem right...

Well, it is possible. Having an intermediate table for m2m suggests you
need two pieces of information to locate a specific record. If you just
to loop through all RouteBase objects for a certain Route object, you
can just do:
{{{
for rb in r.routebase_set.all():
     do_something_with(rb.base)
     do_someotherthing_with(rb.other_rb_field)
}}}

--
George