On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 11:35 -0700, Roodie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of our testers reported a strange issue - sometimes thr URLField
> does not accept a valid, existing URL. I verified it on my local
> developer laptop also. The mentioned URL is:
>
> http://www.harmat.hu/
>
> The site exists, I even checked for it manually in PyCrust using
> urllib. It sill reports a 404 error from Django according to the logs.
> Any idea?

The page returns a 404 status code, even to a browser (I wondered
initially if it was broken and trying to do agent detection, but it's
just a very confusing error page). It also returns some HTML that is
displayed, but it's the status code that is important. The server at
that site is telling you that URL is referring to a non-existent
resource (404 ==> does not exist).

Regards,
Malcolm