2009/5/13 Vincent <jellygr...@gmail.com>:

> Additional information:
>
> I am running Django 1.0.2 and the web host I am attempting to do this
> all on is Media Temple, in one of their Dedicated Virtual (DV)
> accounts. I followed the general guidelines for mod_wsgi setup from
> here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango
>
> None of my media, templates or app code reside in the standard MT
> httpd path:
>
> /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs
>
> I am using /usr/local/django-apps along with the suggested mod_wsgi
> script path of:
>
> /usr/local/django-apps/myapp/apache/django.wsgi
>
> My templates and media directories appear to load correctly, in
> particular, my 404 template loads just fine.
>
> There's no shortage of configurations and settings to list but I am
> not sure what else to post.
>

> On May 13, 4:19 pm, Vincent <jellygr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I have loaded my application on our production server but I am unable
>> to load the supplied admin interface. What's really odd is that
>> everything else seems to work fine. Databrowse works along with the
>> django 'configuration success' page. When using databrowse, I can view
>> all of my database just as I would on the dev server. My database is
>> currently a SQLite3 db and I am using the latest release version of
>> mod_wsgi all running with Python 2.4.3. When I get the "500 Internal
>> Server Error" page, it is the one generated by Apache and not django.
>> I also do not get any errors in logs/httpd/error_log. Everything runs
>> swimmingly when run locally from the built-in development server.
>>
>> If any other configuration info is needed, please ask. Any help would
>> be greatly appreciated. I've spent so much time working on my app,
>> it's no fun having things break at this stage.

Are you using a virtualenv?

Can you serve the site using ./manage.py runserver example.com:8080 ?

If you can serve it using the in-built server then it's likely a
problem with your mod_wsgi setup.

If you can't serve it using the in-built server try comparing the
versions of packages installed on the server verses your local
machine.

HTH
Dan
--