2009/5/14 Filip Gruszczyński <grusz...@gmail.com>:

> I would like to run additional process apart from the main server
> thread, so it would periodically perform some operations (basically
> check, if it should some info mails). Are there any best practices in
> Django at which point to start this thread and use it? Or can I simply
> run a new thread from stdlib and don't worry about anything?

Best practice here would be to stop trying to use a webserver to do
things it wasn't intended for.

If you need a separate process/thread to run regularly and perform
some background processing, then put that code in a standalone script
and use a crontab entry to invoke the script.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)